BaneRants  

You must be at least this tall to ride this ride

::Tip Jar::






::Menu::

View My Stats




eXTReMe Tracker


Crusader for Christ Crusader against Islam


This blog is protected from memes by Grundir the Implacable



Creative Commons License
This work
licensed under
a Creative
Commons License
.

RSS FEED

email me






::Links::


Pat Dollard

James Lileks
(My Idol)


Sharp Knife
(My Other Hero)


BaneRants
(Wordpress)

Now With Best ofs!

Haunted Soldier

Curses & Chrome

All Atwitter

Maiden Magnetic

Random Bits of Pomposity

Baldilocks

Vox Day

Velociman

Pondering...

Doc in the Box

Protein Wisdom

Atlas Shrugs

Twenty Major

Northwoods
Woman


Kolyada.com

Olbermmeinfuhrer

DaddyBlogger



::Previous::
  • The Year In Review...



  • ::Past::
  • September 2002
  • October 2002
  • November 2002
  • December 2002
  • January 2003
  • February 2003
  • March 2003
  • April 2003
  • May 2003
  • June 2003
  • July 2003
  • August 2003
  • September 2003
  • October 2003
  • November 2003
  • December 2003
  • January 2004
  • February 2004
  • March 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • March 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • May 2011
  • September 2012







  • This is my Blog...There are many like it, but this one is mine...

    This page is powered by Blogger.


        Monday, December 31, 2007

    The Year In Review...

    Don't you just hate it when someone says that? It's called the past for a reason, keep it there. Useful for learning experience, any more than that is pure vanity. Says the man who writes about his past constantly.

    I won't talk about things that were on the news. It can be summed up by saying 'people died, people disappeared, there was weather, and people nobody cares about are vying for our notice and/or approval in some way or another'.

    Screw it all. Screw them all.

    Johnny and Nat have gotten bigger, and where Johnny used to look like a death camp survivor, he now has a little gut, and meat on his bones. He only had to have one surgery this year, and it was as minor as an eye surgery can be.
    Nat is noticing boys, and she is only seven. She is gonna end up driving me nuts.

    Homeschooling is a wild success. Big words are flying around the house, a couple of which have sent me to the dictionary to make sure.

    I didn't want anything for Christmas, and I got it. Welllllll, it drove the wife nuts not to get me something, so she grabbed me a box of 'Raffaello's' and it is the best thing I have ever eaten. I would have sex with them if I could. I am at a loss for words on how awesome this candy is. No shit.

    I got her a box of Lindt Special Dark, Assorted, and she moans like she's got a man in her room with her when she 'sneaks' one. Guilty pleasure.
    The kids got toys, some of which they haven't even opened up yet. Between you donaters (Thanks!) and a crippled kids' organization and the Marines, and family, you cannot walk through the living room. They got new pajamas and winter coats, too, and seemed just as happy and grateful to have received them, as well.

    Johnny's coat is way super cool. It is a 'system', and comes apart at nearly every junction. You can remove the hood and the sleeves and the extra body protection, and have a mighty fine vest. I mostly only wear a vest, and then only if it is damned cold, and the last few times I've gone out, I've worn an actual coat. I've had it for years, but I had to cut off all the tags in order to wear it.

    It is 33 degrees today, not counting the wind chill.

    This last year, I've heard guys making proclamations about women, and I just have to smile. I have known several that can take what you give out, multiply it, and break you in six places. I saw a video of the chick who is representing the US kickboxing team in the Olympics. She trains with men, full contact. And she's a supermodel to pay the bills. And I wouldn't want to face her on the best day and in the best shape of my life.

    But anything with a cunt should not be allowed to vote. And this includes male Democrats and Libertarians. We need to nuke you from space. It's the only way to be sure.

    I nearly died, this year. Several people who blame me for them starting a blog are doing very well, indeed. If I really am a blogfather, I am very proud of my children. Funny how the more you write, the better you get at it, innit....toldja.

    The wife sits with little old dying people for $18 to $25 an hour. Part time, but, hey.
    I don't work, unless you count the piddling I do here as 'work'. It's too easy, so I don't have the temerity to label it so. I've actually looked, but I can't sit for long, or stand for long, or walk (lurch) too far, and while I have about 70 more hours than your average college graduate, I didn't ever get around to getting that piece of paper, so apparently, I don't have a brain.

    I have started more than one business, and been wiped out by natural causes, and/or government interference each time. Feast, and famine. Story of my life. I'm learning to live with famine. Hey, you lose weight. No overhead.
    To start a business now, and jump all the hurdles, and pay all the fees and taxes, and have to hire faggots by fiat, and then have some hot chick who can summon Oscar-worthy tears on the witness stand make you pay for her life for the rest of it, well, no thanks.

    I do have one strong possibility available to me, all I need to do is put my soul into a safety deposit box as I do it, because it involves using my God given writing ability for evil. To lie, and hustle, and con.
    I've made you cry, and laugh, just by being honest. Can you imagine that being used for soulless corporations?

    I can't.

    But when we all say goodbye to Mommy as she heads to work, well, maybe, just maybe...

    I can.

    Happy New Year...


    Update:

    Additional pontificating...